I had the same problem on IIS 7.5 with MVC 1. I fixed the problem and listed some steps here:
|Figure-1:Install other IIS options|
- Read other normal IIS config steps
- If you dont see Asp.Net tab in config option, you need to register asp.net
- You need to check add-on features to install some other components to make IIS work. Installing them solves most of the problem. Redirect is off by default. Go to control panel ->programs-> Windows components part as show on Figure-1. If you don't see your aspx pages, it might be missing .net integration.
- Create your app and add simple html, asp pages for testing
- if it is showing default app, you need to remove that application
- You may need to start and stop application to make it work
- Change app pool identity to local system and give permissions at your database to access your tables for this user
- Allow all users for .net authorization
- It will work after these steps. If not check these:
- You may need to check connection strings to make sure you are connecting to the right sql instance
- Permission problem: You may need to give permission to web folders for application identity. If you change that to something else, add that user to list and give permissions.